This breakfast item made from Ghatti Phovu(Poha) or Ghatti Avalakki or thick Puffed rice is a very healthy option for morning breakfast.
3 cups of Ghatti Avalakki.
3 teaspoon scraped coconut,
1 tespoon of mustard seeds,
1 teaspoon sesame(tillu) seeds,
7-8 curry leaves,
2 green chillies finely chopped,
half teaspoon of turmeric powder,
3 teaspoon of cooking oil,
2 teaspoon squeezed lemon juice.
2 teaspoon Sugar
Salt to taste,
- Wash Ghatti Avalakki(Not telu avalakki !!) with water and keep aside for an hour.
- After an hour add sugar and salt to taste.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds,sesame seeds, curry leaves and green chillies. After the mustard seeds start spluttering add turmeric powder . Now add the Avalakki prepared in step1 and 2 .Mix well.
- Close the pan with lid and cook for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Now add the coconut scrapes and lemon juice and mix well.
Serve hot with a nice cup of ginger tea !!